- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of the Research Station facilities and infrastructures as well as maintenance of field huts.
- To assist with the maintenance of the outboard engines, generators, compressor, de-salinator, water pumps, communications equipments and all other electrical equipments and water supply system and airconditioning system.
- To assist in maintaining tools, workshop, outboard engine shed and generator room in clean and tidy condition and to update tool inventory with the supervision of the Senior Mechanic
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintain field camps facilities, trails including beach cleaning
- Maintain a record on all maintenance activities and report on any damage found on building, tools and equipment during routine maintenance
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors
- Carry out any other work related duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Minimum entry requirement: IGCSE level and successful completion of post secondary education and three years working experience in relevant field. Only Seychellois are eligible to apply.
If you think you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application to the Administration & Human Resources Department, Seychelles Islands Foundation, P.O Box 853, La Ciotat Building or contact us here or by phone on 4321735 for enquiries. Application forms can be collected at our Head office on Mahé and at the Vallée de Mai on Praslin or downloaded here.