- To be responsible for all food preparation, serving, clean-up, kitchen hygiene and all equipment. Ensuring that all food waste is properly disposed of according to the Aldabra disposal waste policy.
- To provide full catering services including baking of bread and other pastry for residents and visitors as per the Island Manager’s request.
- To liaise with the Island Manager with regards to food stock and monthly costing for staff meals and also do stock taking and record keeping of all kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Maintain the garden for island consumption.
- Assist with maintenance and up keep of Research Station, settlement, field camps, trails and equipment, in the absence of visitors.
- Comply with all SIF policies relating to wildlife, plants and environment.
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person.
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies.
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors.
- Carry out any work related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Minimum entry requirement: IGCSE level and successful completion of post secondary education and three years working experience in relevant field. Only Seychellois are eligible to apply.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
If you think you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application to the Administration & Human Resources Department, Seychelles Islands Foundation, P.O Box 853, La Ciotat Building or contact us here or by phone on 4321735 for enquiries. Application forms can be collected at our Head office on Mahé and at the Vallée de Mai on Praslin or downloaded here.